Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oh Mr Eaves!

Despite his absence on Valentine's Day I knew I would meet Mr Eaves sometime soon. Since Emigre's Zuzana Licko designed the sans-serif companions to Mrs Eaves late last year (Mr Eaves Sans/Modern), it was only a matter of time before I would meet the families. These guys were voted among I Love Typography's Favourite Fonts of 2009 and I would have to agree with John Boardley that the italic version is most charming indeed. However, it was the XL companion – released by Emigre shortly after – which caught my fancy. The lowercase characters in Mr Eaves XL Sans Ultra Italic in fact are very suitable for cupcakes. With a large x-height and short ascenders and descenders they fit quite nicely on a round, chocolate surface. Now I'm just waiting for a ridiculously good looking, intelligent and funny type-lover to start a blog under the pseudonym Mr Eaves and sweep me off my feet!













































5 comments:

Adam T said...

There may not be Mr Eaves, but there is Mr Yves, and he's a pretty damn good typographic blogger all-right :)

http://fontfeed.com/about/

Anne said...

Love these. Lust after these. I am crazy for the typography myself.
Good luck with the Mr Eaves!

Dave Foster said...

It wouldn't be Mr Eaves, it'd be Mr Baskerville ;) I thought you'd know that one!

///▲▲▲\\\ said...

from greece with love...cool blog--->nice to found you !

Ann said...

At first I thought it was set up like a typewriter. That would be cool!